Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Technology Analyst to join the Marketing Operations and Technology team. Okta has ambitious growth plans and is striving for operational excellence across the underlying marketing technology infrastructure to support the wider go-to-market organization. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the management and optimization of Okta’s marketing technology stack and capabilities. You will work closely with various teams across the organization to bring on new technologies and optimize existing integrations to drive a program of technical efficiency, operational excellence and support a framework of data driven insights. Our ideal candidate is curious in outlook and a creative problem solver with a passion for actively driving business focused solutions through a technology lens.
As part of the wider Marketing Operations and Technology team, this individual will support the maintenance and optimization of the existing Marketing Technology infrastructure as well as the assessment and implementation of new technologies. They will have close working relationships with the Marketing Automation, Data Science and Business Technology teams working cross-functionally to optimize the implementation, performance and visibility of Okta’s Marketing Technology ecosystem across the organization. This will be a key role in ensuring Okta is maximizing the value of our technological capabilities within the marketing space.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Supporting the adoption, maintenance and project work of our core Marketing Technology infrastructure, Marketo & Salesforce, as well as connected infrastructure to ensure quality control and optimization. The wider infrastructure includes tools such as 6sense, Splash, Integrate, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, Drift, On24, BrightTalk, Sendoso, etc.
- Supporting the evaluation of existing and new-vendors as we look to optimize the Marketing Technology stack to support Okta’s go-to-market strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for delivering and supporting new integrations to Okta’s Marketing Technology stack.
- Partner with the Marketing Operations team to ensure that data collection and data transfer across the Marketing Technology ecosystem support the marketing needs.
- Partner with the Data Science team to ensure that all necessary data across Okta’s Marketing Technology ecosystem is available for reporting. This will involve working with integrations with analytics tools and databases - via tools such as FiveTran and Tableau for example.
- Maintaining existing & creating new documentation to clearly articulate the connections and dataflows across Okta’s Marketing Technology infrastructure.
- Active monitoring of live integrations and connections to ensure timely data flow between systems and to identify, report, and troubleshoot any issues (either ongoing or intermittent) that need addressing.
- Required: 2-5 years of experience working with Marketing Technology/Operations.
- Required: Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) or 3-5 years of Marketo experience in an systems-administrator role, with exposure to supporting systems integrations.
- Required: Experience of working with Salesforce (preference for candidates who have worked directly with systems integrations with Salesforce. Salesforce certifications are a plus).
- Required: Knowledge of marketing technology & ad-tech landscape, best practices and emerging technologies.
- Required: Strong critical thinker and problem solver, with an eye for detail.
- Strong Preference: Experience of working with Marketo’s APIs.
- Preferred: Candidates with experience of core analytics tools supporting effective Marketing Technology infrastructure, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Experience Cloud (preference for Google applications).
- Preferred: Candidates with experience of integrating with analytics platforms (Tableau, Datorama, Google Data Studio/Looker Studio).
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.