Director – Content Accounting
Updated on 11/30/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA • Remote
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of experience in content accounting, budgeting, and forecasting at a major studio, media or tech company
- Experience with Production Accounting
- Flexibility and willingness to pivot to new priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine curiosity, keen attention to detail, and strong desire to contribute to the success of the team through data-driven analysis
- Passionate consumer of premium Movies & TV
- Experience with content areas outside of Filmed Entertainment (e.g., Sports, News) a plus
- Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint a plus
- Enthusiasm for complex problem-solving through financial modeling, data analysis and other statistical modeling
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of content and content-related transactions in accordance with industry standards and U.S. GAAP
- Track and analyze P&L and cash flow impact of licensing transactions
- Calculate and verify the accuracy of license payments
- Forecast future licensed content commitments to assess impact on cash flow and billing
- Performing monthly variance analyses comparing expected licensed content profitability to actual
- Develop and improve internal processes for reporting performance on new and existing content licensing structures
- Partner with Legal team to review and document content license agreements and ensure that contractual obligations align with accounting policies
- Support ad-hoc and special projects including systems integration and audit
- Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is $170,200.00 - $207,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY; $148,000.00 - $180,000.00 annually for Colorado.This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary , long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement
Tubi is the world's largest ad-supported video on demand (VOD) service. Available on Connected TV devices, Mobile, and the Web.
- Compensation - Every employee is paid a competitive & equitable salary.
- Benefits - We offer generous coverage for health, dental, vision, and more for you and your dependents.
- Parental Leave Program - We are proud to support growing families of all shapes and sizes and types. We welcome each new addition with generous paid time off to bond with your new addition.
- Wellness - Tubi cares about your well being inside and out. That’s why we offer multiple coverage options for mental and physical well being for you and your family as well as a fitness stipend.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - Your professional growth and development are important to Tubi and we’re here to support you.
- 401(k) Match - Investing in your future is important to us. From our highly-rated retirement savings matches to financial advisors and planning services, we offer many resources to help keep you financially fit.
Company Core Values
- Team first
- Act with integrity
- Grow yourself
- Deliver Delight
- Own it