Staff Data Engineer
Posted on 2/1/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
- You are fluent in at least one programming language
- This does not include SQL. Data Engineers at Harry's do not write SQL or develop ETL scripts
- We do use Python in our stack. You do not need to know Python today, but you will need to ramp up on it to be productive on this team
- You have a firm understanding of different language paradigms and frameworks and can effectively learn a range of systems given the time
- You understand, or are interested in mastering, the fundamentals of industry standard technologies and architectures for data processing. (E.g., Hive, Redshift, Spark, etc. for batch processing, and Kafka, Kinesis, etc. for stream processing.)
- You can (or want to learn to!) debug infrastructure and code yourself. You can (or want to learn to!) coach analysts, product managers and business users to debug data and prototype metrics
- You have worked on teams that have built, deployed, debugged and improved services delivering demonstrable value to users in production
- You have, or want to gain, experience working cross-functionally on production systems
- You love enabling users to solve impactful problems
- Lead scoping and delivery of cross-functional projects laddering up to our most important value drivers at Harry's, Inc
- Teach, mentor, coach and learn from members of the team on all aspects of building end-to-end data services in production. Help unlock the team's technical growth, scaling yourself and the team in the process
- Learn, discover and master new approaches to building solutions, processes and systems. Implement and improve on reference solutions, processes and systems that drive our technical direction
- Build authentic relationships, communicating with empathy and humility. Lead by example, and continuously generate alignment within the team to help projects and the team succeed
- Working with BI tools, as a user or developer (e.g Tableau, Looker)
Harry's allows users to buy razors, German engineered blades and shaving creams.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement and incentives
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- All In, All Together: Each of us is a humble, hardworking human who always gives more than what’s expected because we care so deeply.
- Improve Always: We encourage questions, sharing expertise, and continuous learning to improve ourselves, our company, and our customers’ experiences.
- Embrace the Mammoth: We tell it like it is without blame, and see every interaction as an opportunity to grow together.
- Look Left To Find Right: We critically question conventional wisdom in search of the best path.