Talent & Communications Co-op
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE FEBRUARY 17th All candidates who apply on or before February 17th will be reviewed and prioritized for interviews. After the priority period, we will continue the interview process for any remaining roles that have not been filled.
About The Team
Wayfair’s Talent team comprises several areas, including Talent Acquisition (Recruiting), Learning & Development, Talent Management (HR), and Communications, which collaborate to drive the strategic roadmap and execution for how we attract, develop, and retain Wayfair’s workforce of nearly 17,000 global employees. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce through Wayfair’s most important asset: its people. As a Co-op in this department, you will be placed within one of these distinct groups and have the opportunity to add value by driving projects, working with a diverse group of people and diving into complex problems.
More on these distinct groups below:
- Talent Acquisition: Our TA team recruits top talent across all functions. As a Co-op on this team, you will assist with the facilitation and implementation of the overall candidate and internal stakeholder experiences from application stage to first day.
- Learning & Development: Our L&D team works to create and offer resources that drive professional development. As a Co-op on this team, you will work cross-functionally to create and maintain learning offerings and content
- Talent Management: Our TM team is here to support employees with performance management & employee relations, benefits administration and overall wellness. As a Co-op on this team, you will support all HR projects, processes, programs, and procedures at Wayfair
- Communications: Our Corporate Communications team focuses on driving one cohesive company narrative that positively positions Wayfair to external and internal audiences by developing, sharing and amplifying company stories to build trust with target audiences. Our Tech Experience communications team works to better understand and constantly improve the end user experience with technology at the company. As a Co-op on this team, you will work cross-functionally to support company communications and change management processes
- Compensation: Our Compensation team uses a combination of internal and external data to drive compensation strategy for our employees across the globe. We model the financial and talent implications of compensation decisions; make recommendations for compensation strategy and processes based on findings. We research, gather, and analyze internal and external data to determine appropriate salary levels for jobs and positions across Wayfair. Most importantly, we communicate with managers and employees to drive understanding of our compensation philosophy.
What You’ll Do
No matter what team you are a part of, you will:
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders on challenges related to the hiring, development, and engagement of Wayfair’s workforce
- Use creative skills to innovate & improve approaches to recruiting, learning, and performance management that work toward building the best team
- Use data and good judgement to inform decisions around hiring, learning offerings, and/or people policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with key partners and stakeholders such as business leaders, new hires, and hiring managers
- Exercise strong organizational and prioritization skills to deliver results and solutions to human capital challenges
What You’ll Need
- A strong academic record
- A desire to win and drive collaboration cross functionally
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable learning data analysis tools
- Ability to hit the ground running - a confident self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior and innovative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team or individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Willingness to be flexible and take responsibility for multiple and changing tasks as necessary
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected] If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected]