Tock is looking for an experienced Senior Regional Director of Sales to lead our expansion in Los Angeles. This is an exciting role in a competitive market.
As a senior member in Tock’s growing sales organization, you’ll be a leader in a dynamic group that is working with some of the world’s best chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and restaurateurs. You will play an important role in Tock’s expansion into the LA market, want to work in an environment that encourages entrepreneurship, enjoy competing and winning, and are an experienced restaurant industry veteran.
You will manage the end-to-end sales process; lead generation, solution demoing, negotiation, and hand-off to our implementation team to ensure customer success. You will also work with our current customer base to better understand the LA restaurant ecosystem, the trends in market, and their advice on fellow restaurateurs to work with.
You will report directly to the Senior Director of Sales and must be based in LA.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Tock employees, which our Recruiters can tell you more about. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Tock employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.
You’ll Get To…
- Pitch Tock to replace prospect’s current reservation, waitlist and events platform
- Work with your network to find new restaurant openings and be ahead of the competition in closing these deals
- Reset the competitive conversation and drive home new talking points with prospects and current customers
- Establish a vision and plan to guide your long-term approach to pipeline generation
- Become a Tock product expert to lead online and onsite product demonstrations
- Manage complex sales and develop a strategic regional plan
- Work with Tock’s Account Management team to ensure expectations set during the sales process are achieved during implementation
- Provide feedback to the company on prospect feedback, competitor moves, product insight, and more
Who We’re Looking For
- An experienced restaurant veteran; someone who was a restaurateur, general manager, chef, etc., but regardless of background has a knowledge of the local dining scene, the players, the influencers, and more
- Someone who knows every neighborhood and the best restaurants in each of these neighborhoods
- Demonstrated experience using hospitality technology platforms
- An entrepreneur’s mindset with a desire to exceed monthly sales goals
- Demonstrated client-facing presentation experience with the ability to sell and negotiate at all decision-making levels
- 5+ years experience in hospitality sales with goals tied to growing the business ideal, not required
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, or equivalent tools ideal, not required
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $100,000 - $186,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company’s "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.