Software Engineer III
Posted on 5/17/2023
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems as a backend engineer
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Scala, Java or Python
- Experience building reporting and scheduler systems
- Experience working with Kafka, EMR, Airflow, Spark, Airflow, Hadoop or similar
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully; you listen the same way, and you do both across all levels of the organization with confidence
- Able to offer opinions and make decisions with limited information; able to accept and manage risk and drive change
- Able to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope
- A self-starter, driving projects forward with limited oversight
- Passionate, with a genuine interest and enthusiasm about data, data technologies, and solving data challenges
- Develop new applications and features that provide data and data services to different teams within the enterprise, including engineering, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams
- Create high-performance and scalable data platforms that can support multiple data pipelines to ingest and deliver data as quickly and reliably as possible
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code to ensure software quality
- Build insights products using large amounts of financial data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software features
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and consistency
- Conduct testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of software applications
- Participate in the design and implementation of software architecture and infrastructure
- Experience building Data Lake with Glue, Hudi, Druid is a plus
At Cardlytics, their mission is to make marketing more relevant and measurable with purchase intelligence
- Invest in your future with competitive pay, company equity, 401k matching, and bonus plans.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage. Plus fitness classes, yoga, and wellness opportunities.
- Grow your career with Cardlytics University, onsite courses, and mentorship programs.
- Enjoy fluid work schedules and a flexible vacation practice.
- Headquartered in Atlanta at Ponce City Market, with additional offices in London, New York, Oakland, and Vizag.
- Shape our community through special interest groups, including Diversity & Inclusion, Women of Cardlytics, and Philanthropy.
Company Core Values
- GSD: Get the right sh*t done well
- Take initiative: We're curious and unafraid to challenge norms, ask questions, and build something great.
- Be Be hungry to win: We're competitive and recognize victories, large and small, business and personal
- Value transparency: We're open and honest to each other about our goals, successes, and failures
- Create a place where people want to be: We care about each other and know this is a big part of what makes us exceptional