✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
🌏 Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
🌈 Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
🏆 Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
🦄 Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever. To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based in the EMEA region.
We’re looking for a uniquely talented and German speaking Business Development Representative (BDR), who has experience selling into the DACH market, to join us at Oyster as we continue to grow.
You will be eager to not only to sell the amazing benefits of remote working but also to embrace by joining our globally distributed remote team. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of the future of work, to become a thought leader in this rapidly growing space, and earn a lucrative performance-based commission.
Working with an agile and innovative customer base of like-minded companies and leaders, you will have the opportunity to work and learn from 40+ BDRs and Account Executives around the globe. You will also benefit from the support of a highly experienced sales enablement team who are focused on improving processes and delivering training across our global sales organisation, enabling you to grow and develop professionally with Oyster.
What you’ll do…
- Create awareness and generate interest for OysterHR among remote-first and remote-open companies through cold calling, email, and social outreach
- Partner with our EMEA Account Executives, gaing great exposure to mid-market deals
- Set qualified meetings between target buyers and our account executives
- Present and articulate the capabilities of our employment platform to targeted customers
- Manage and prioritize work for optimum efficiency and success
- Provide constructive feedback on how to improve effectiveness and efficiency within the BDR role to BDR Managers
- Collaborate with team members to share and learn from best practices
As such, Oyster is looking for individuals with 6+ months of sales experience who:
- Are able to show numerous examples of how they have worked successfully in teams and contributed to the progress of others who have worked with them
- Show enthusiasm and passion for the work they do and who come across as engaging and motivated to the people they meet, especially their customers
- Can talk in detail about their past performance and the experiences and lessons learned that help them to manage their performance more effectively today
- Demonstrate a genuine curiosity about their customers’ businesses and subsequent needs an are able to talk about the customer problems they have helped to solve in their previous roles
- Have a bias for action, working proactively to ensure they always meet their monthly targets while ensuring that our customers get the best service possible
- Enjoy problem-solving and can share anecdotal evidence of challenges they’ve overcome, lessons learned, and how this helps them today
What we’re looking for
- Native or fluent in German
- 6+ months experience working as a Business Development Representative in a SaaS company
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience selling or talking to the HR function
- Experience with the digital tools and tactics of B2B prospecting (e.g. Salesloft,LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Cognism etc.)
- Great written and verbal communication as well as strong presentation skills
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one).
- Fluent English language skills
- [BONUS] Passionate about remote work
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email [email protected] with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.