San Jose, California
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 11%
- 8-10 years of experience in B2B enterprise technology marketing
- 3-5 years of people management/team leadership
- Proficient in understanding metrics reporting in Salesforce.com
- Proficient in modern demand generation channels
- Bachelor’s degree
- Lead East Enterprise and U.S. Healthcare field marketing teams in collaborating with regional sales and technical counterparts
- Adopt and create a diversified demand generation program targeting prospect and install base audiences
- Ensure alignment of Field Marketing team investments with Sales priorities
- Meet and exceed key quarterly metrics goals
- Own and manage the two teams’ discretionary marketing budget
- Experience in the manufacturer/ISV environment
- Understanding of cloud and virtualization technologies
- Strong project management, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of intent-based marketing tools
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart.
Nutanix is hiring Director of Field Marketing to lead our outstanding East Enterprise and U.S. Healthcare Marketing teams, supporting those sales teams with strategic demand generation programs. This role is part of the Nutanix Americas Marketing organization and will report to the Senior Director of East Enterprise and Verticals Field Marketing.
Marketing at Nutanix
In this role, you will lead a team of field marketers in building, planning, executing, and managing marketing programs that contribute measurable results to the East Enterprise and U.S. Healthcare teams’ pipeline and bookings goals. This role will involve daily interaction with the field sales and engineering leaders, and other cross-functional teams, as you build a variety of demand generation programs that successfully engage existing customers and net new prospects. Collaborating with cross-functional teams and marketing disciplines will be necessary to deliver high-quality campaigns with measurable results.
This role requires a data-driven, creative critical thinker with strong communication, organization, and planning skills, who is passionate about helping a team achieve their revenue goals.
- Strategy & Planning: Lead East Enterprise and U.S. Healthcare field marketing teams in collaborating with regional sales and technical counterparts to create and execute a strategic demand generation plan that achieves key quarterly performance metrics for each market segment.
- Programs: Adopt and create a diversified demand generation program, targeting prospect and install base audiences with strong pre- and post-program engagement plans. Program responsibilities include (but not limited to) custom virtual and live events, webinars, executive conferences/roundtables, networking events, third party (regional) conferences, customer (account) specific programs, digital advertising, and more.
- Communications: Ensure alignment of Field Marketing team investments with Sales priorities, as well as fostering awareness, excitement and adoption of marketing programs and resources by our Sales and Technical stakeholders.
- Results & Analysis: Meet and exceed key quarterly metrics goals. Well-versed in regional reporting on program performance, feedback, return on investment, attribution as well a strong understanding of what’s working / not / why for guidance on future investments. Track lead flow and marketing funnel progress for all activities to evaluate results against goals and use learnings to refine and improve outcomes.
- Operational Leadership & Budget Management: Own and manage the two teams’ discretionary marketing budget, being vigilant in tracking and effective in spend.
What You Will Bring
- 8-10 years of experience in the following: marketing B2B enterprise technology with preferred experience in the manufacturer/ISV environment; leading and mentoring a team to achieve desired results; marketing to Enterprise audiences. An understanding of cloud and virtualization technologies is a plus.
- 3-5 years of people management/team leadership.
- Strong project management, negotiation and decision-making skills and the ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (writing samples required)
- Proficient in understanding metrics reporting in Salesforce.com and identifying key performance trends.
- Proficient in modern demand generation channels and when to deploy each type of tactic for maximum ROI.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; working knowledge of intent-based marketing tools.
- Travel up to 25% (pending post-pandemic norms)
- Bachelor’s degree
About the Team
Hello, this is Kim! I joined Nutanix almost 9 years ago as a senior field marketing manager, and have had the time of my life being part of the team that has driven our business from pre-IPO startup to an established, exciting public company. Field Marketing has always been my passion - I love working closely with our sales, engineering, and channel counterparts. But one of the most rewarding aspects of my career has been building and nurturing a team of field marketing professionals. I’m excited to bring a new leader onto our team to help us lean into our full potential and do innovative marketing that gets results for our sales teams. Our Enterprise and Healthcare teams are accustomed to accessing some of the best and most innovative marketing in the industry - we are so proud of that! Before Nutanix, I worked for some great technology companies like VMware and HPE. Our team is currently incorporating some amazing intent marketing capabilities into their planning, as well as more formal account-based marketing, and executive engagement strategies. We’re excited to welcome a new contributor to the fold!
How We Work
This position is a remote work position, but candidates must be located in the mid-Atlantic or Southeast U.S.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between USD $ 164,320 and USD $ 328,680 per year.
However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.