Senior Analytics Engineer (Remote)
Posted on 11/19/2021
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 5+ years of full-time work experience as an analytics engineer, data analyst, BI analyst, data engineer or similar
- Expert skilled in SQL, and highly skilled in with data pipeline/automation tools (i.e. Airflow, DBT). You can write, debug, and optimize queries, and craft relational database schema
- Experience with a coding language (e.g. Python, R), and comfortable with command-line tools and version control
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Shown experience applying Data Engineering standard methodologies to mitigate risks in data models and ensure scalable outputs
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to data quality and reporting accuracy, and ability to hold others to a high standard of data quality and output
- Analytical, intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is comfortable going beyond data access to analytics and strategic insights
- Keen design and data visualization skills you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible
- Teammate mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B sales environment
- Demonstrated experience building insightful reporting in Looker
- Experience with a coding language (e.g. Python, R)
- In-depth understanding and application of Data Engineering standard methodologies
- Something else? Wonderful, were curious to learn more about you!
- Develop a deep understanding of business and operational needs by building positive relationships across the teams who lead and apply Guilds data
- Support Guilds Analytics teams by crafting, maintaining, and improving informative reporting which enables our business partners to access practical, informative data to drive decision making
- Lead large scale projects which help to build efficiencies, improve our data systems and structures, and enable outstanding data solutions and algorithms
- Partner with Data Ops teams to deliver clear, accurate analytical datasets which drive high-quality reporting, including creation of production-quality code base
- Perform in-depth data QA by diving in to various data sources to identify and resolve issues
- Help the Analytics Engineering team to maintain and manage an intake of requests from stakeholders, understanding the priority and impact of various reporting requests, and managing expectations for delivery
- Translate business questions into technical requirements as part of a well-defined development cycle, delivering outputs that improve impacts
- Act as authority for Looker within the Analytics team, supporting team members in solving issues that arise
- Develop, implement and maintain robust governance and oversight processes to ensure accuracy and continuity of critical data sources and reporting
Education and upskilling platform
Guild is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education.
- Be an owner - Every employee is granted equity in Guild with a 4-year vesting schedule as well as a 401(k).
- Prioritize your time - We offer generous parental leave, PTO, and onsite daycare for Denver-based employees
- Have a learner's mindset - Guild offers student loan reimbursement, 100% tuition assistance for your first bachelor’s degree, and $10K/year toward additional education.
- Take care of yourself - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans because we care about the health and well-being of all Guild employees.
Company Core Values
- Nurture a Learner’s Mindset - We are fueled by curiosity, consciously seeking to make ourselves, each other, and the work continuously better.
- Create Belonging - We believe that belonging is essential to business. We are cultivating a community rooted in diversity and respect with heart and commitment, that’s in service of both our culture and all of our stakeholders.
- Build Shared Success - At Guild, success is not a zero sum game. We strive for the win-wins in both our work and in our impact, knowing we deliver the best outcome when we collaborate together and assume positive intent from all.
- Be an Owner - We each own a piece of Guild – as owners, we take responsibility today and always for our voices, actions and long term impact.