The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company’s Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our international team which is on the mission to make Carta a global equity management solution. The team itself is international and remote with people across Europe and India. We have four cross-functional product squads working on making the recently acquired Capdesk equity management platform a market-leader in the UK, Europe, India, and beyond. You will be leading one of these four squads and will report to our Director of Product for Global equity management.
You’ll be joining Capdesk from Carta. In 2022, Capdesk officially joined the Carta team; Capdesk was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and found a shared vision at Carta whose mission is to create more owners. Read more about our shared vision here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You will work across all areas of our platform and make sure it’s market-leading - in particular in the areas identified as strategically important. More concretely, for our new markets you will:
- Understand the competitive landscape in detail.
- Identify how companies can best use equity to attract and retain talent in an efficient way.
- Understand the compliance in different countries regarding managing ownership and identify opportunities to automate it.
- Find ways to make cap tables drafted by CFOs in spreadsheets more accessible to everyone by understanding the calculations and automating them in an app.
If you succeed you will play a vital role in making Carta a global equity management platform and thereby accelerate the mission to create more owners across the globe.
We are looking for a strong product leader who can drive strategy, prioritization, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems and have a desire to impact how ownership is managed and distributed around the world, we’d love to talk with you.
- You have 4+ years experience in product management in a high-paced, agile software development environment, with a proven track record of shipping impactful products.
- You have several years of experience in building products at startups in cross-functional teams with product designers, engineers, and business partners.
- You are empathic and driven by solving problems for your users. You have the ability to dig deep into their problems and really understand what drives them.
- You are a systems thinker and solve problems in a holistic way. You draw data flow diagrams in your sleep and complexity makes you salivate.
- You traverse between altitudes with ease. You can think big picture on product strategy in one moment and then get in the trenches to solve a calculation definition issue in the next.
- You are resourceful and scrappy in the right ways. You know when to invest versus stand-up fake doors to validate a hypothesis. You understand that sometimes the best path forward may not be through building software.
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You’re a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.