NPI Material Planning Manager
Posted on 6/23/2022
Plymouth, MI, USA
- Bachelor's in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent experience required
- Master's degree Preferred
- 3+ Years automotive planning experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of material control, inventory control and related logistics activity is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and make sound decision in a fast pace, stressful environment required
- Working knowledge in SAP preferred and strong Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs knowledge
- Proactive problem solving-skills, as well as strong project management, teamwork, leadership, initiative, and oral/written communication and presentation skills are required
- Be able to manage multiple trial projects simultaneously
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to develop and interpret business intelligence/data to drive execution and decision-making
- Ability to gain trust and communicate constructively with suppliers and stakeholders across the organization to resolve issues
- In-depth understanding of automotive supply chain, automotive production experience preferred
- You have a collaborative method of working and capability in a range of communication styles
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- From Engineering release, you will manage the demand communication to the supply chain, and you will lead the coordination of part delivery to meet the MRD (Material Requirement Date)
- You will be proficient in MRP systems and be able to effectively communicate parts demand to our supply chain
- You will liaise with suppliers on overall part development plan and expedite inventory as required to support launch activity
- Implement appropriate countermeasures to resolve part shortages or delays in supplier timing
- Report shortages that have impact on build schedule to department, program and senior management, escalating as necessary
- Provide input, support and mitigation plans for material shortages to prevent disruption to the project schedule
- Provide cross functional teams overview of parts supply concerns for your given supply base (May include Program, Procurement, Logistics, Material Handling, Engineering, Quality Control and Manufacturing)
- Manage additional inventory requests to ensure timely delivery of parts based on the required timing
- Facilitate the allocation of inventory based on build or project priority
- Agree and manage rate and flow supply where necessary
- Reconcile receiving discrepancy notices provided by Production Control with suppliers
- Initiate cycle count request to Production Control team when inventory issues are identified
- Develop and utilizes Standardized Work (SOS) for managing supplier shipments, including but not limited to delay, loading trucks, shortages, damage, discrepancies, packing & labeling
- Need to be able to translate issues into KPI measurement and business intelligence
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team