Computer Vision Research Internship
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Carrboro, NC, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Ph.D. students in related fields, including computer vision, machine learning, multimedia, signal processing, imaging science, and applied mathematics. Masters level candidates will be considered but must have at least one publication in a relevant journal or conference
- Knowledge and experience in computer vision, machine learning, deep learning (Caffe, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.), remote sensing or related areas
- Proficiency in Python or C/C++
- Be part of Kitware's overall mission of positive social impact through environmental monitoring, national and global security, ethical AI, open science, scientific computing and medical computing
- Algorithms: Deep learning and other computer vision methods for object detection, change detection, scene classification, event/activity recognition, 3D reconstruction from aerial imagery, video/image understanding, video/image search, and indexing, etc
- Data: Images and videos from ground, handheld, aerial, or satellite cameras
- Infrastructure: Opportunity to work on deep learning libraries like Caffe, PyTorch or Tensorflow; large-scale computer vision. framework on the cloud; or performance optimization using GPUs, parallel computing, or embedded devices such as NVIDIA's TX2
Software company for open source software solutions
Kitware's mission is to advance science & technology, empower global innovation and address the world’s challenges. The company specializes in the R&D of open-source software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, and technical software development.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous PTO
- comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and ADHD Insurance
- Immigration and Visa Processing
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Hardware Allowance
Company Core Values
- Culture: Promote an inclusive and energized environment that emphasizes integrity and teamwork.
- Growth: Work passionately and creatively to grow personally, professionally, and together as a company.
- Collaboration: Drive sustainable innovation through collaborative relationships with customers and open source communities.
- Open Science: Champion algorithms and open source software platforms to accelerate the pace of reproducible research and product development.
- Impact: Advance scientific understanding for the betterment of humankind.