IT Engineer I
Posted on 9/12/2022
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- 1-2 years of experience but open to learning about relevant experience in the IT field
- Strong Mac skills: you know your way around the fringe features of a Mac, are unafraid to work on the command line, and know multiple ways of solving a problem on a Mac
- Experience supporting Mac, Windows, and Chrome enterprise environments
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and other SaaS administration
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A customer-first attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to triage, and to re-prioritize on the fly when things come up
- A collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT engineer, you're eager to help an end user in need, however complex (or simple!) the problem might be
- The ability to maintain an even temperament 100% of the time: you're cool & able to deliver under pressure, and always leave your customers happy
- Both self-direction to work autonomously and a humble, team-player mindset
- The willingness to pitch in, whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, or contributing to challenging technical projects
- Last, but not least, a desire to learn different technologies and expand your skill set
- A fundamental understanding of networking, Wi-Fi, and servers: we want to hear about any and all hands-on experience you have here
- Experience working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
- Linux experience
- Strong Windows skills (we're a Mac shop, but Windows makes an appearance from time to time)
- Experience using and configuring OAuth or SAML authentication
- Assist with all IT-related concerns supporting our internal end users in Boston, Virginia, and the UK
- Deliver white glove customer service while triaging and resolving technical issues for employees and contractors
- Utilize excellent communication skills to partner with stakeholders, resolve technical issues, and collaborate with our IT, Infrastructure, and InfoSec teams
Home security company
Simplisafe wants to make home security accessible to everyone
- Health Insurance - A comprehensive plan provides peace of mind for you and your family.
- Employee assistance program - Help through the difficult situations that come up at work and at home.
- Tuition reimbursement - We want you to keep learning, so we’ll cover part of your tuition.
- 401(k) - Saving for your future in the present.
- Unlimited vacation - Exempt employees take the time when you need it or want it. We mean it.
- Life and disability insurance - Coverage for when you need it most.
Company Core Values
- Customer obsessed
- Aim High
- No Ego
- One Team
- Life As We Climb
- Lean & Nimble