Senior Data Engineer
Posted on 11/19/2022
Remote in USA • Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Experience in multiple data technologies, such as Spark, Presto, Impala, YARN, Parquet, MLflow, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Flink, Spark Streaming, etc
- Experience with workflow orchestration management engines such as Airflow, Azkaban, Oozie, etc
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, HBase, Redis, DynamoDB, Neo4j, etc
- Experience in building scalable infrastructure to support batch, micro-batch or stream data processing for large volumes of data
- Experience in data governance and provenance
- Internal knowledge of open source or related big data technologies
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience in similar business domains, such as payment systems, credit cards, bank transfers, blockchains, etc
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- Self-starter who takes ownership, drives results, and enjoys moving at a fast pace
- Work across functional teams on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of the scalable data platform that ingests, stores, and aggregates various datasets, including data pipelines, platforms, and warehouses, and surfacing data to both internal and customer-facing applications
- Be a subject matter expert on data modeling, data pipelines, data quality and data warehousing
- Design, build and maintain data ETL/ELT pipelines to source and aggregate the required data for various data analysis and reporting needs, as well as to continually improve the operations, monitoring and performance of the data warehouse
- Develop integrations with third party systems to source, qualify and ingest various datasets
- Provide data analytics and visualization tools to extract valuable insights from the data to enable data-driven decisions
- Provide ML data platform capabilities for data science teams to perform data preparation, model training and management, and run experiments
- Work closely with cross-functional groups and stakeholders, such as the product, engineering, data science, security and compliance teams, for data modeling, general data life cycle management, data governance and processes for meeting regulatory and legal requirements
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.