Posted on 2/1/2022
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Reduce costs, facilitate increased sales, deliver superior customer service and provide a one-stop supply-chain solution to support the Technical Advisors and Supply Chain Solution customers
- Respond to all requests received from Technical Advisors and Supply Chain Solution customers in a professional and timely manner
- Source parts to fill demands from purchase requisitions, Aircraft on Ground (AOG) orders, Requests for Information (RFI), etc
- Create competitive Requests for Quote (RFQ) and negotiate prices with suppliers to obtain the best available prices while maintaining configuration, quality, and delivery requirements
- Create purchase orders for all Trust accounts, JSSI Inc., and JSSI Parts
- Create and track purchase orders and expedite them through Salesforce/AMS/Quantum to maintain a closed-loop status interface with Technical Advisors and Supply Chain Solution customers with regard to parts requirements. As required, create purchase orders in Supply Chain customer's maintenance tracking or ERP systems
- Maintain regular communication with and provide pro-active status updates to Technical Advisors and Supply Chain Solution customers
- Follow parts through the system to make sure parts costs are transacted to the correct project and that all costs associated are billed accordingly to the clients
- Assure parts are delivered in a timely manner to meet schedule requirements and meet the appropriate quality and life limits
- Participate in an AOG on-call or shift rotation to support after-hours critical sales. Volunteer for shift coverage as appropriate
- Search for and maintain knowledge of parts availability within the aviation industry through existing and future vendor selections
- Understand supply performance and cost savings
- As requested, Prepare Monthly Activity Report identifying cost-saving, buyer activity, vendor activity, etc
- Continually assess operations to optimize the purchasing and logistics processes through identifying cost reduction opportunities for Trust accounts, JSSI Inc., and JSSI Parts
- Qualify and approve vendors as determined by the need to increase competition, improve the quality of the product, or improve lead times using selected quality criteria
- Maintain accurate data in Quantum, Salesforce, and AMS
- As required, work with vendors and customers on RMAs/Returns
- Follow assigned policies & procedures
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of High School Diploma or GED and 5 years experience in aviation-related procurement and inventory control
- Business Aviation purchasing experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Quantum experience desired
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients
- Ability to solve problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate reports using Microsoft Excel
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience using systems for inventory control and purchasing
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international
Aircraft maintenance support and financial services
Jet Support is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, turboprops, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through its unique infrastructure of expert technical advisors.
- Health coverage - We win at wellness. At JSSI, we believe that healthy and happy employees are better poised to make an impact in today’s global workforce. To that end, we provide industry-leading benefits plans that stay competitively priced for our employees and their families year after year.
- Paid time off - We win at work-life balance. Our vacation benefits are highly competitive and increase based on tenure. In addition to our generous package of vacation, holidays, and sick days, JSSI also offers a Charitable Services Day in which employees are paid for a day of volunteering with a charity of their choosing.
- Retirement package - We help prepare for a winning future. We all know the importance of saving for the future. In an effort to encourage our employees to plan for their retirement, JSSI provides an employer match to employee 401(K) contributions by matching 75% of employee contributions on up to 6% of eligible earnings.
- Transporation - Move to win. Our commuter benefits plan gives JSSI employees the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars to put towards the inevitable use of parking and/or public transit to get to work each day.
- Freedom to foster an open, trustworthy and honest climate where employees feel empowered to speak up, share ideas and innovate.
- Accountability to embody integrity in the workplace and take ownership, follow through on commitments, and accept responsibility for actions.
- Collaboration to create an environment of openness and sharing through cooperative teamwork and approachability.
- Transparency to operate in an honest, truthful and candid manner that promotes effective communication and complete understanding.