Mammoth Biosciences is hiring for a Principal Scientist I/II, Non-Viral Delivery. In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation discovery and scale up activities for non-viral delivery technologies at Mammoth. The candidate will be responsible for the screening of various lipids and formulation/process parameters for the lead optimization for delivery of Mammoth’s proprietary CRISPR nucleases. In addition, will be responsible for in-house research-scale production, related process development, and quality control of the test articles to support Mammoth’s ex vivo and in vivo studies.
- Lead DOE-based LNP formulation screening/discovery campaigns directed toward in vivo and ex vivo delivery of Mammoth’s proprietary CRISPR-based gene editing systems
- Design, implement and execute early process development activities for LNP scale-up
- Critically review and analyze data, and communicate results and conclusions; present and defend ideas in cross-functional meetings
- Explore and evaluate non-viral delivery technologies for various therapeutics indications
- Explore new orthogonal characterization assays and rigorously QC all the test articles
- Manage the non-viral delivery projects to support deliverables along established timelines
- Train, guide, and manage the researchers on various non-viral delivery activities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 10+ years industry experience (or Master’s degree and 8+ years experience or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Statistics or related discipline with 6+ years of industry experience) (Principal Scientist I)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 12+ years industry experience (or Master’s degree and 10+ years experience or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Statistics or related discipline with 8+ years of industry experience) (Principal Scientist II)
- Expertise in LNP formulation screening and optimization
- Expertise in using design of experiment (DOE), relevant statistical softwares (JMP), and predictive analytics for formulation discovery
- Exposure to LNP scale-up and process development activities
- Hands-on expertise in various basic analytical and biophysical methods/assays of LNP characterization such as, particularly size, zeta potential, and nucleic acid encapsulation/release, PKa, etc.
- Foundation in experimental documentation, basic statistical analysis and data presentation
- Experience working with internal and external research collaborators and CROs
- Highly motivated, hard working, and collaborative spirit
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver, and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $102,600 - $215,250
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.