Software Engineer - React
Posted on 5/17/2022
Culver City, CA, USA
- Internally-motivated self-starter who strives to get things done and is not deterred by challenges
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions or issues that may arise
- Successfully manages time and competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Team player and strong collaborator with a focus on detail that can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight and a passion for quality
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Experience architecting solutions, or working closely with a technical architect, to develop responsive web applications
- Up to date on the latest best practices and technologies, willingness to experiment with new technologies, and overall desire and eagerness to learn
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of React experience
- Clear understanding of responsive design principles
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Embrace and support the vision of the organization
- Design, develop, enhance, and support new and existing products and features
- Work closely with other engineers to develop sound technical architecture and design to complex technical challenges
- Follow best practices for SDLC and documentation. Create quality designs that meet requirement needs, conduct unit testing and automate where it makes sense, conduct code reviews, and focus on delivering high-quality work
- Collaborate across the organization to gain a shared understanding of the initiative, perform analysis, and propose a solution
- Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards and is able to support high-traffic and high-availability
- Learn and develop skills in new technologies that can be leveraged to improve existing applications
- Develop scalable data visualization solutions
- Experience with data visualization such as d3.js and Tableau
- Java experience. (Nice to have)
- Solid knowledge of web services. (Nice to have)
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design and development principles. (Nice to have)
- Working knowledge of relational databases. (Nice to have)
- Development environment (Experience with similar technologies is welcome):
- AWS Postgres, Redshift Java React Spring Boot Git Maven JUnit
Data driven insights and strategic consultation
National Research Group's mission is to provide insights through well-designed research that leads to creative strategies to create stronger connections with customers. They synthesize disparate data into memorable, easy to understand and actionable narratives that empower clients to make informed decisions.
- Excellence - Excellence is an unrelenting curiosity to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of content, culture and technology. The drive for preeminence touches every part of everything that we do.
- Innovation - From our approach to problem solving, to the cutting-edge solutions we’re known for, we’re catalysts of industry disruption. Innovation is in our DNA.
- Collaboration - We work collectively as a team across disciplines, learning from and inspiring each other through collaboration. The best insights stem from diverse perspectives and deep dialogue.
- Enthusiasm - We play at the intersection of creativity and science, with passion and rigor. Enthusiasm for what we do propels us to apply fresh thinking to big challenges.
- Grit - Grit and confidence in our way of thinking enables us to stay ahead of fast-changing industries. We stand by the things that matter most and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to realize the best results.