Media Buying Manager
Updated on 3/16/2023
Guelph, ON, Canada
- Proficiency of performance marketing strategies and optimization tactics on the advertising channels such as Google search, GDN, social media, and native
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team of media buyers for running paid campaigns at scale
- Experience managing monthly ad spend of $100,000 or more and optimizing for buy-side KPIs like CPA, and ROAS
- Knowledge of secondary languages of German, Spanish or Japanese is a big plus
- Advanced data visualization skills in Excel - pivot tables, formulas, etc. - or comparable experience with Google Sheets and similar tools
- Experience managing multiple projects based on a different level of priority and deadlines using strong organizational skills for yourself and your team
- A Media Buying Manager leads a team of performance buyers on the publishing international team. Your role is to leverage experience, organizational skills, communication, and leadership ability to guide your team's operations while providing encouraging and constructive feedback as needed to the team
- Manage and scale a portfolio of performance marketing campaigns in the various markets leveraging a team of buyers effectively
- Find new opportunities, plan and execute to achieve the quarterly goals
- Ensure the team follows the roadmap and executes toward deadlines
- Find ways to evolve the team to be efficient and effective, being aware of when to address individual or team performance issues
- Use data visualization tools like Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Analytics to analyze campaign performance and pacing against the plan to report to the director of publishing international and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with external stakeholders such as product, editorial, and creative teams for the timely delivery of projects and editorial content
Ad & marketing platform
System1's mission is to provide the most accurate and useful predictions in marketing. The company operates a Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform to connect high intent customers with advertisers at scale.
- Great compensation
- 401(k) company match
- Excellence benefits
- Charitable gift matching
- Education subsidy
- Referral bonus
- Weekly happy hour
- Catered lunches & free snacks
- Weekly workouts
Company Core Values
- System1 supports you - Whether this means providing a challenging job as part of your long-term career with us, maintaining work/life balance, or continuing your education, we want to support you and make you better.
- Everyone is on the same team - Our co-workers are our teammates. This means respecting your teammates as much as it does enjoying working with them. We may disagree, but we do it openly and respectfully. When we win, we win together.
- Be yourself - We believe that different backgrounds, experiences and points of view make us stronger and more innovative. We champion an environment where everyone is genuinely seen, heard and respected.
- Own it - We don’t provide boxes for you to think in, and we encourage individual responsibility. We never blame someone else, and there is always a way to get it done. We want creative innovators who are driven to get results.
- Make an impact - Being of service to others is in our DNA. We contribute our expertise, time and money to causes we care about in the communities in which we live and work. Giving back makes us and the world better.
- 1% better every day - We strive to always improve every single day - our technology, our business, our community, ourselves.