Head of Strategic Finance
Updated on 3/21/2023
Denver, CO, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA preferred, but not required
- At least 7+ years professional experience. 5+ years within Strategic Finance / FP&A function or private equity/growth equity/ venture capital investment background preferred
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
- Proven ability to build & manage high performing finance teams in a technology driven environment. Ideally, you've managed direct reports for 2+ years
- Experience developing highly complex financial models and developing reporting packages, preferably at a high-growth tech company
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with relentless attention to detail backed by a data-driven mentality. Genuine intellectual curiosity
- History of successfully leading business case analysis and planning processes which set strategy through a financial lens, then tracking the plan to report on its progress over time
- Exceptionally advanced Excel and financial modeling skills; strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience participating in debt & equity financing processes preferred, but not required
- Collaborate with Orchard's CFO, CEO, broader executive team, other finance functions, underwriting/investments team, and operational teams across the company to lead business case and scenario analysis to drive intelligent decisions which inform company strategy - particularly regarding driving towards maximizing the company's profitability over time
- Lead a team that:
- Develops and maintains financial forecasts for the business and tracks key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
- Generates, maintains and automates financial and operational reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with executives (and many other stakeholders) to ensure all operating and financial metrics are properly defined, monitored, and being met. You (and your team) will monitor both asset-level and market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and help operating teams develop initiatives to optimize them
- Be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the company's financial model and unit economics for presentation to internal stakeholders, the Board and investors
- Oversee annual budgeting process and long-term strategic planning from a financial perspective
- Partner with our internal Accounting team on monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of GAAP financial statements; work with the CFO and Controller to define and implement best practices for financial management and reporting across the Company
- Be actively involved with capital markets activities, including equity fundraising and debt financing; closely involved with the CFO and CEO. You will directly interface with Orchard's Board, existing and prospective investors and lenders
Online platform for buying and selling residential real estate
Orchard wants to reinvent the way people buy and sell their homes.
- Comprehensive benefits - We offer medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees and dependents, with some plans fully sponsored by Orchard.
- Paid parental leave - We offer new parents up to 18 weeks paid leave to bond with their newborns—plus a customized one-month transition period to ease into life as a working parent.
- Paid family leave - We offer up to 10 weeks paid leave for employees who need to care for sick family members.
- Flexible paid time off - We count your contributions, not vacation days. Take the time you need to recharge and refresh.
- Team events - From monthly town hall meetings to team lunches and gatherings outside of the office, we make time to celebrate wins and unwind together.
- Paid industry certification - We cover dues on licenses and renewal fees for brokers, realtors, and more.
Company Core Values
- Create raving fans
- Own it
- Find a way
- Treat people with respect
- Mission before team. Team before self
- Commit yourself to grestness- every day