Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Machine Learning Team
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an
easy-to- implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
Within the Data organization, the Machine Learning team is chartered with utilizing novel approaches to improve Okta’s Customer Identity product and the lives of our customers and employees. We utilize a variety of modern technologies to perform both long term research as well as short term, practical solutions.
The Sr. Manager, Machine Learning Opportunity
Reporting to the VP, Data, this role will be responsible for combining long-term industry research with short-term practical applications of ML, AI, and data science to drive innovation and improve business outcomes. You’ll partner with product management to build solutions that secure our customers. You’ll be a business partner with GTM, operations, and others to automate our processes and improve margins. By leveraging creative and novel solutions from the team, you’ll build trusting and long lasting relationships across the organization.
What you’ll be doing
- Mentor and grow a team of data scientists and ML engineers as they build a world-class ML as a Service platform
- Bring ML to life by partnering with multiple stakeholders to get models and solutions to production and optimizing systems once in production
- Partner with your peers across product and engineering to develop the ML roadmap
- Keep up to date with current and emerging trends in the threat intelligence sector
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, advanced analytics or similar
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Strong machine learning, statistical modeling expertise covering supervised/unsupervised learning, ensembles, neural networks, and/or NLP
- Experience with the full ML lifecycle, including project scoping, model development, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- BA or higher in a quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, statistics, preferred. Additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- Project management and multiple stakeholder management. Having worked with multiple product and engineering teams to enable ML features in production.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Industry knowledge of threat intelligence
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: scripting languages such as Spark, R, Python, and SQL, cloud based databases such as Snowflake or AWS Redshift, and API development tools such as FastAPI, AWS or related
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.