London, United Kingdom
6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 32%
2 year growth↑ 54%
- Basic understanding of modern SEO best practices
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Passion for cybersecurity and digital privacy
- Experience writing about VPNs, antivirus, and digital privacy matters
- Technical knowledge of how VPNs and antivirus software work
- Basic/working knowledge of HTML
- Experience working with Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Forms)
- Writing news, how-to's, buying guides, features, and deal articles
- Maintaining scheduled content update cadences
- Attending events, conferences, and product launches as part of the team
- Working with management to maintain and improve existing editorial standards and processes
- Experience in industry events to further knowledge and impact on the industry
Tech Software is a centralised unit dedicated to core cybersecurity content across Future’s wider portfolio. Primarily focused on VPN content across TechRadar and Tom’s Guide, we also tackle antivirus and digital privacy news, how-to’s, and buying guides. Where possible, we also engage in industry events to further our knowledge and impact on the industry.
What you’ll be doing…
Working under the Editors in our team, the Staff Writer will support our efforts in producing and maintaining content for VPN and other cybersecurity content across Future’s portfolio of sites.
You’ll be writing news, how-to’s, buying guides, features, and deal articles, maintaining some of our scheduled content update cadences, working alongside management to maximise the value of our content for readers, attending events, conferences, and product launches as part of the team when appropriate and working with management to help us maintain and improve existing editorial standards and processes.
Experience that will put you ahead of the curve…
- A basic understanding of modern SEO best practices (including keyword research, article structuring, types of intent, and internal vs external linking).
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- A passion for all things cybersecurity and digital privacy.
- Experience writing about VPNs, antivirus, and digital privacy matters.
- Technical knowledge of how VPNs and antivirus software work.
- A basic/working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience working with Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Forms).
What’s in it for you…
We have a number of awesome perks available to our staff. We offer huge opportunities to learn and develop, whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues. We have a fantastic culture where we really do care about our people and want everyone to succeed. Varied roles mean you’re not pigeonholed in to one finite area but get the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and experience
And to top it all off, not only do we offer unlimited holiday because we trust you to manage your workload and time but we also offer a share in our success whereby every colleague is eligible to join our profit pool bonus scheme - if Future hits their performance targets all colleagues may receive a bonus.
* Internal job family level E7.
The expected range for this role is £24,000 - £28,000.
This is a Hybrid role from our Bath Office, working three days from the office, two from home.
Who are we…
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness.
Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made so we can give you the best experience!
Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.