Senior Full Stack Developer
Posted on 2/15/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Over 5 years of relevant industry experience
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience with distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, microservices, as well as experience with writing performant and robust code
- Familiarity with different protocols such as TCP, HTTP, WebSockets, GraphQL, and AMQP
- Exposure to any of the following tools: GitHub, TeamCity, Docker, webpack, and testing tools
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns
- Previous professional experience working in a Linux based environment (internships and co-op experience is relevant)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams as well as the self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Design, develop, and implement full-stack software systems that will be used by traders
- Build scalable and robust software using best practices
- Collaborate with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as across the organization globally
- Analyze end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features
- Evaluate appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
- Exposure to working with databases is a plus, relational and NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB, Redis, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.