Posted on 12/22/2022
Miami, FL, USA • Remote in USA
- 7+ year of experience in conducting/supporting research projects in economics, finance, CS or other quantitative fields with top-tier researchers in industry/academic/policy setting or relevant prior business experience in consulting/finance/technology with strong quantitative skills
- Technical competence in empirical research and/or have built extensive financial models, including solid understanding of statistics and econometrics, and strong coding/scripting experiences in Python, SQL, R
- Strong attention to detail, independence in quickly learning complex domain topics, creativity in thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with samples of prior published written work
- Demonstrated achievements and accomplishments in prior roles, academic studies, and community service
- Utmost integrity and innate drive for positive social impact
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (preferred) in a quantitative field such as Economics, CS, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or possess strong analytical skills
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Identify and test multiple layers of hypotheses that inform public policy discourse and drive strategic business decisions
- Own our empirical analyses and build quantitative models involving large structured and unstructured data sets to support policy and strategy developments
- Build proofs of concept for various products to serve as a foundation of building scalable solutions over time for the department to leverage
- Formulate and enhance our data models to demonstrate a scale of opportunity; flagging potential risks and potential tradeoffs to associated risks
- Synthesize and translate complex testing opportunities to drive deeper understanding of market dynamics around digital currencies and web3
- Contribute to writings of reports and journal articles pertinent to digital currency, web3, innovations in DeFi, and traditional market structures
- Actively partner with teams across products, finance and revenues to gain critical insights for developing firm-wide economic agenda and strategy
- Manage and drive high-stake strategy initiatives and research projects that will have a direct impact on the business bottom line and shape industry trends
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
- Basic understanding of blockchain data and familiarities with platforms such as Dune Analytics, Flipside is a plus
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.