Facebook App, Technical Program Manager, Product Infrastructure
Posted on 3/10/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Remote, OR, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA • New York, NY...
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
- Experience developing or working directly on various aspects of large-scale distributed systems such as client-server interactions, scalability, reliability and efficiency
- Develop and manage end-to-end technical product solutions and ensure on-time delivery
- Manage cross-functional products and programs in a matrix organization
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with
- Design measurements to track impact and drive internal process improvements
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Collaboratively define the vision for building Facebook-scale, state-of-the-art, global products
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, provide day-to-day coordination, and quality assurance for tasks
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers and engineers across Facebook to establish a shared vision for improving execution and build solutions for privacy and security at scale
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely fashion to stakeholders
- Build bridges with product and infrastructure teams to discover adoption challenges, champion purpose use development and privacy/security product adoption
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiative
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team
- Design, build, and scale programs to support engineering efforts
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.