Data Governance Manager
Posted on 12/5/2023
Global marketing solutions and media management division
IPG Mediabrands, the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group, is a global leader in the industry, managing over $47 billion in marketing investment for a diverse range of high-profile clients. The company's competitive advantage lies in its extensive network of full-service agencies and specialized business units, which have been recognized for their excellence with numerous awards. With a workforce of over 18,000 professionals in more than 130 countries, IPG Mediabrands fosters a diverse and inclusive culture, and is committed to delivering cutting-edge marketing solutions.
Data & Analytics
Later Stage VC
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -12%
1 year growth↓ -8%
2 year growth↓ -8%
- Monitor data processes, working with product team to troubleshoot issues to ensure data availability and minimise.
- Implement data governance and data best practices to ensure quality and standardisation of data sources.
- Maintain strong relationships with other agency teams, including investment and marketing sciences, as well as other agency teams to ensure services are aligned
- Support the ongoing Data Governance product development, identifying market needs and innovative ideas to add to the backlog
- Collaborate with product managers to ensure requirements are delivered, maintaining data best practice processes that are scalable and efficient.
- Establish data quality metrics, investigate data quality issues, and lead initiatives to improve data accuracy and consistency.
- Develop and maintain data operations documentation, including standard operating procedures, best practices, and guidelines.
- Experience managing media data or similar role:
- Strong understanding of managing the full media data lifecycle,
- Understanding of the interaction between data flows and business processes data and how upstream actions impact downstream quality
- Experience with data cleansing
- Understanding of data governance principles
- Excellent project management skills. Experience in a Technical Project Manager role desired.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, systems and processes
- Proficiency in SQL and hands-on experience with querying databases
- Versed in the AdTech / Martech data landscape and the common tools used to manage marketing intelligence
- Experience working across various teams as well as the ability to navigate large organizations
- Ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to achieve objectives
- Must be highly flexible and comfortable working in an agile development
- Experience building dashboards in Tableau desirable
- Proficiency with a project management tools, particularly Asana and Jira.