6 month growth↑ 33%
1 year growth↑ 62%
2 year growth↑ 91%
- Bachelor of Science degree or 20+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience as a project scheduler
- Experience in Primavera p6 schedule software
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Create and manage large schedule files using Primavera P6 Professional products
- Assist with contractor verification during bidding and buy-out of new facility construction
- Perform audits on invoices, schedules, and documentation to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Identify, track, document, manage, and communicate scheduling issues on construction projects
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate project risk points for cost and schedule
- Experience in a construction setting
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world and an integral part of Central Texas for more than 27 years, driving job generation, economic impact and engagement with the surrounding community.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor serves a global customer base with broad semiconductor process technology offerings that impact everyday life including mobile, graphic, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Through successful collaborations with foundry customers and a continuous drive to develop the most cutting-edge technologies, Samsung Austin Semiconductor has become a major player in the foundry market. Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s technology portfolio ranges from 65nm to 28nm using planar transistor technology to the more advanced 14nm 3D FinFet technology.
With more than 4,500 employees, Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier and growing employer who provides a great place to work, is committed to environmental stewardship and being a good corporate citizen. Our employees are the key to our success and we invest in our people with competitive compensation & benefit packages, career development opportunities and programs that enhance physical, emotional and intellectual well-being. Our employees work at various locations throughout Central Texas including the main plant on East Parmer Lane in northeast Austin, a satellite office near Pflugerville and the construction site in Taylor, Texas. Learn more at semiconductor.samsung.com/us/sas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Seeking an experienced project controls schedule professional to join the Infra Technology Construction Department focused on the Taylor Fab Construction.
The ideal candidate will feel confident managing a program level integrated schedule and be able to ensure that best practices are being used by all of our construction partners. Additionally, this role includes the development and implementation of work processes and tools to ensure accurate schedule tracking, reporting, and forecasting as well as timely, accurate, and forward-looking analysis of data and metrics for decision making.
Specific Job Duties:
- Ability to create and manage large schedule files using Primavera P6 Professional products.
- Ability to read and understand construction project schedules (both MS Project and Primavera P6).
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Assist with contractor verification during bidding and buy-out of new facility construction.
- Review and approval of new construction contracts.
- Perform audits on invoices, schedules, and documentation to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Coordinate schedule and cost data with contractors to report consolidated earned value reports on new construction projects.
- Interface between Construction General Contractor, Subcontractor, Consultant Design Team and various SAS Owner organizations.
- Work with design and construction contractors to organize and manage construction documentation records for SAS maintenance teams.
- Identify, track, document, manage, and communicate scheduling issues on construction projects.
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate project risk points for cost and schedule.
- Ability to work with project managers and contractors on schedule related issues and resolutions.
- Managing stakeholders in a customer-service oriented team.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills required to interface with stakeholders and organizations while meeting the aggressive goals and timelines during the project.
Shift: 1st shift
Skills and Qualifications:
Education, Training, Certification(s) and Minimum years of experience required:
- A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree or 20+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a project scheduler.
- Experience in a construction setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, and Tools:
- Experience in Primavera p6 schedule software is required.
- Aptitude for documentation and data analysis using MS Office programs.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including design documents, shop drawings, bid forms, and contracts.
If and when you submit an application, you, the applicant, agree to not disclose to Samsung, or induce Samsung to use, any confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets) belonging to any current or previous employer or other person or entity.