Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Brownsville, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience working on mechanical/electrical maintenance projects
- 4+ years of experience handling maintenance planning and reliability in a manufacturing environment
- Associate degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace, systems, or manufacturing engineering
- Extreme trouble shooting and problem-solving skill sets
- Experience developing preventative maintenance plans and identify critical spares
- Millwright skills and abilities and industrial multi-craft and mechanical trades
- Experience in maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, process controls and controls systems
- Experience or proven ability with continuous improvement or Lean programs
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Self-starting, able to identify areas for improvement with minimal direction
- Strong analytical and written skills
- Ability to stand up for up to 8 hours during the day
- Ability to lift 25lbs. and work directly with the hardware on the floor while being comfortable stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and standing (including on lifts and ladders)
- Position may require overtime and weekend work
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on assets to ensure their proper operating condition
- Track and maintain calibrated measurement devices to required specifications
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair control devices such as PLC's, HMI's, CNC controls from various manufacturers
- Collaborate, advise and support manufacturing teams on complex problem resolution
- Setting up asset maintenance strategies using risk based and reliability centered maintenance methodologies
- Maintain asset documentation and preventative maintenance plans in a proprietary MRP/ERP system
- Identify and maintain critical spare strategy
- Perform root cause analysis to inform future improvements and strategies
- Calculate key performance indicators such as mean time between failures, mean time to repair, planned downtime, etc. Interpret this data and understand the factors influencing the metrics to further improve asset uptime and maintenance efficiency and effectiveness
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.