Business Intelligence Analyst
Updated on 3/24/2023
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelors/University level degree in related business or operations field required
- 3+ years work experience in sales, financial or business analysis or related discipline
- 3+ years demonstrated Experience working with business intelligence tools including Power BI, Tableau and/or preferably Domo
- 1-3+ years experience developing metrics and performing analytics
- 1-3+ years experience writing advanced SQL
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM
- Direct Experience working with revenue management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting applications including Clari, Anaplan, etc
- Proven to work independently and in matrix environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong MS Office skills in particular XLS essential to be successful in role
- Provide support and insights working collaboratively with sales management, finance and sales compensation team on transforming Segment revenue/sales plan target into sales plan goals by territory and individual
- Ensure linkage between revenue growth and sales growth in financial plans from each BU
- Manage milestone requirements to ensure timely and quality execution of overall sales plan, including plan reviews, and meeting key milestones according to plan targets
- Through deep understanding of sales channels and the segment create effective sales models that incorporate historical performance levels and future market opportunity to facilitate precise target setting
- As an advisor to sales and business leadership at all levels deliver sales and retention pipeline and performance reporting by territory and product level with commentary and analysis focused on actionable insights
- Prepare presentations, reporting and analytical support for global and regional sales meetings
- Provide general analytical support to sales management to support ad-hoc business requirements
- Develop new standardized reporting packages designed to strengthen the insights and decision support the sales organisation and general business receives on a recurring basis
- Leverage salesforce, business intelligence and other reporting tools to support smart sales performance and future opportunity reporting, monitoring and tracking
- Partner with marketing on programs in order to drive and focus the sales organization to deliver on future growth opportunities
- Develop detailed knowledge of product portfolio and a strong understanding of current and future market opportunities
- Partake in monthly sales forecasting rhythm and support management in the development and evaluation of the committed sales forecast, including post closure forecast accuracy evaluation
- Work closely with Finance organisation on supporting forecasting process and potential areas for improvements
- Monitor data and provide analysis to illustrate sales trends, identify weaknesses in current sales execution and support future sales strategy
Cision is a global media intelligence company that offers PR and social software as well as analytics.
Company Core Values
- We Are One - Working together, we are empowered to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- We Embrace Differences - We honor diversity of ideas, people and beliefs. Our diversity enables us to create innovative solutions to serve our customers' needs.
- We Are Dedicated - We are committed to tenaciously working on behalf of our clients and partners with our teams.
- We Constantly Evolve - We are curious, embrace new ideas and create change. This means we drive growth for our customers. It also means we have a learning culture where our people have the opportunity to develop into tech leaders.
- We-Celebrate - We have culture ambassadors in each office who ensure that our people get recognition for their hard work and ensure we celebrate our wins, both big and small.