Sr. Manager Outside Sales
Updated on 5/19/2023
Remote • United States
- You have…
- 6-8+ years leading sales teams. Foundational experience overseeing and developing sales team members, from sales development to closing roles
- 4+ years leading sales organizations. We require the experience of leading organizations consisting of several layers and many functions
- Mid-Market and/or SMB pre-sales expertise (prospecting, appointment setting, pitching, closing, activating)
- At least 6-8+ years pre-sales management or senior management experience managing leaders
- At least 2+ years at DoorDash (if applicable) OR Seed Stage → Series B or C growth
- Track record of consistently achieving 100+% to goal
- Experience leading and/or contributing to strategic planning cycles
- Acute understanding of sales operations and processes
- Experience building a business, vertical, or product in the past
- Track record of hiring top performers
- Can interface between C-Suite and Reps
- Comfort with our tech stack, including Salesforce.com, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Outreach.io, Chorus.ai
- You're a builder at heart - you dream big and start small when it comes to business and people leadership and are an owner of deal strategy, job competencies, lead segmenting, and the other key pieces of infrastructure that allow your team to succeed
- You're comfortable with ambiguity - goals will be aggressive and infrastructure shaky; in the face of uncertainty you truth seek to find problems and show a bias for action to marry those problems with solutions
- You are DoorDash first - you work well with others under the one team one fight mindset and choose optimism on solving pain points in our sales and service of top local grocers
- You're an insightful communicator - you operate at the lowest level of detail to understand our grocer's or operation's problems, think outside of the room to identify the audience who most needs to help solve them, and clearly articulate in writing and verbally why these problems should be prioritized
- You're a people expert - you have led People OKRs to help others get 1% better every day, regularly lead trainings to demonstrate what it means to be customer obsessed, and, because of your focus on culture and growth, maintain exceptional employee voice survey results
- You're an empathetic leader - you have a track record of making room at the table for diverse perspectives; building a team that achieves the what is not enough, you accomplish the what and (not or) display our values in demonstrating the how
- Build: We are far from done building at DoorDash. You will build teams by recruiting vertical leaders, build programs aimed at growing our people, and build sales functions and motions that increase our productivity
- Train: these are new verticals for us, you will be responsible for learning it from the ground up and training your team in prospecting strategies, pitching process, and closing tactics to help them succeed
- Growth: To achieve multi-generational success, we need to have the strongest talent on our team. We'll get there not only by recruiting the best, but also, you will apply deliberate development efforts to that talent to give them the tools to succeed across individual and team functions
- Perform: hitting selection goals is the key to success in all of our new verticals. We operate under a quarterly Objective and Key Result (OKR) system; it's the responsibility of our Senior Manager of Pre-Sales is to drive the team's performance into the green each quarter, surface the voice of the market, and ask for what is needed to get the team back on track when headwinds set us back
- Collaborate: Beyond leading your team, it will be your responsibility to help your cross teams across Merchant Strategy, Sales Ops, Sales Planning, HR, Recruiting, Finance relate to the pain points of our merchants andS Sales Reps. Without obsessing over this pain, we will not move as quickly as we need to to remain empathetic to the needs of our customers
- Motivate: the key input to success is our people. The chief constraint on hitting selection goals is doing so while building a high morale team
Local food delivery from restaurants
DoorDash is working to empower local communities and in turn, creating new ways for people to earn, work, and thrive. The company operates the largest food delivery platform in the United States.
- Health & Wellness - Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, including fertility coverage. Monthly gym and wellness reimbursement.
- Compensation - Competitive salary with bi-annual performance reviews. Meaningful equity opportunities - with quarterly vesting.
- Time When You Need It - Flexible vacation days for salaried employees. Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members. Paid Parental Leave to support our DoorDash families.
- Flexible Work Support - At-home office equipment and monthly WiFi support while working from home. Enjoy your favorite lunch on us while working in one of our offices.
Company Core Values
- We are one team
- Make room at the table. We’re committed to growing and empowering a more diverse and inclusive community. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has the tools, resources and opportunity to thrive.
- Think outside the room. We strive to be as inclusive as possible and consider those who may not be in the room when making decisions.
- One team, one fight. We’re in this together, and both success and failure are shared. We are intentional about creating a high-accountability, no-blame culture.