Counsel or Senior Counsel
Regulatory & Compliance
Posted on 11/17/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Help assess and respond to complex regulatory inquiries, as well as help identify and execute (through our partners in Trust & Safety, Product, ENG, or directly in Legal) solutions to help mitigate key areas of legal risk
- Provide legal and compliance advice on the development, improvement, and maintenance of risk management programs, particularly in the areas of securities, sanctions, and money laundering
- Assist with law enforcement matters
- Provide product, operations, and community teams guidance on day-to-day issues, as well as foundational legal issues without clear solutions
- Keep abreast of quickly developing legal landscape to forecast and head off challenges for rapidly scaling business
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team
- 5+ years of legal experience
- Experience with crypto or web3 products or platforms
- Experience providing legal and compliance advice across a variety of legal issues (securities, sanctions, and/or anti-money laundering experience a plus)
- Experience devising or implementing processes and controls designed to mitigate legal risk
- Strong risk assessment and execution skills
- Track record of collaborative partnership with lawyers and non-lawyers to solve problems and get things done
- Juris doctor from an accredited law school
- Member of a US state bar in good standing
- (Nice to have) In-house experience at high-growth, technology, or web3 company
- (Nice to have) Relevant government or regulatory experience
Largest NFT marketplace
OpenSea's mission is to make digital collectibles available to anyone, through buying or selling these items through a smart contract. OpenSea is a peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods, which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain.
- Paid family leave - Whether you’re bonding with a new child or taking care of a family member, we understand you need this time off.
- Health insurance - Your wellness is important. We've got you covered. Take care of yourself to come to work happy and healthy.
- Flexible vacation policy - Sometimes we all need a break. Take one, take many. Just come back recharged and inspired.
- Flexible hours - We know you have personal priorities to take care of. Take care of them and work on your own hours; we’re flexible.
- Work from home - Avoid long commutes in and out of the office. Instead, work in the comfort of your own home and set-up.
- Workshops & conferences - Attend relevant workshops and conferences to grow and develop. It’s our priority.
- Travel & company retreats - As an international team, we take the time to meet up for company retreats.
- Game nights - Once a month, we set work aside and play a game or two to bond as a team.
Company Core Values
- Cultivate continuous growth
- Embrace openness
- Foster inclusive collaboration