Data Science Manager
Posted on 10/5/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative subject (i.e. computer science, economics, operations research, statistics, etc.) or a related field such as Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc
- 5+ years (Masters) or 3+ years (Ph.D.) of practical experience working with demand forecasting systems (ideally in e-commerce)
- Expertise in some of statistical/econometric time series modeling (ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing/ETS, GLMs/GAMs, Dynamic Factor Models, etc.), machine learning (XGBoost/LightGBM, RNNs, Transformers, etc.), or hybrid time series techniques (ES-RNN, N-BEATS, TFT)
- Proficiency in Python or R, SQL, Git
- Leveraging machine learning, statistical, and econometric time series techniques alongside hybrids of these to develop accurate, granular demand forecasts within a hierarchical product catalog context
- Partnering closely with the pricing, promotions, supply chain, and marketing science teams to integrate the causal impact of their business levers into your forecasts, creating a single source of truth for forward planning for the business
- Developing distributions around your forecast via either parameter estimation or non-parametric bootstrapping techniques to power automated robust optimization systems
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners such as engineering, product management, and brand managers to build interfaces to your models, allowing for informed, tracked overrides of forecasts where business context is missing
- Driving strategic initiatives across the broader org as a leader at Thrasio
- Owning team development cycles, managing risk, and bringing stakeholders along for the ride
- Experience in supply chain optimization, pricing, causal inference (to ease collaboration with partner teams)
- Familiarity with Databricks, Snowflake, Spark (or other forms of distributed computing)
Next-generation consumer goods company
Thrasio's mission is to reimagine how the world’s most loved products become accessible to everyone.
- See more of the world and your family with unlimited paid time off.
- Own a stake in Thrasio and be rewarded for your hard work.
- Learn and grow with free access to subscription sites and educational events.
- WFPMA (work from pretty much anywhere) or in one of our offices.
- Collaborate with incredibly smart folks, 95% of whom say they’d recommend Thrasio as a great place to work.