Posted on 3/23/2023
Digital-only bank platform & marketplace
Monzo’s mission is to make money work for everyone by solving customers' problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent.. The company has created an app with budgeting tools where you can spend, manage, and save your money, from your phone, fee-free.
- You are a qualified lawyer with around 1 to 4 years post qualification experience in at least one of the following areas: consumer credit; payments; or investments
- You have worked in-house and enjoy being a business partner just as much as you enjoy being a lawyer
- You have a good understanding of the FCA Handbook and other relevant laws and regulations that apply to banks in the UK
- You already have some specialist knowledge of one of our product areas, but you're excited about learning from colleagues to gain specialist knowledge in other product areas
- You are a team player and natural collaborator who is passionate about effecting change whilst at the same time being goals-focussed and impact-driven
- You've got an open and curious mind, you are passionate about the intersection of banking and technology, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
- Partner with product managers to advise on legal matters relating to our borrowing, payments or investment products and and advise on the legal and regulatory requirements for a growing digital bank
- Helping to develop policies and procedures enabling Monzo to scale quickly, and ensuring Monzo operates safely and in accordance with the law and regulation
- Coordinate and collaborate on legal matters with teams across Monzo including the Compliance, Risk and Control, other control functions and business teams
- Provide training and knowledge sharing with other Monzonauts on the impact of laws and regulations on Monzo or our customers
- Often act as the sole lawyer advising product managers or other colleagues (with support behind the scenes from more senior lawyers) and therefore act autonomously, take ownership of matters, identifying legal issues proactively, evaluating relevant risks and finding effective solutions to unique and complex business activities
- Helping colleagues in the Legal Team to build a world-class and scalable, high performing Legal team by testing and developing new ways of working