We are Route
Buying stuff online can get messy once you hit that “order” button. Managing dozens carrier tracking links, dealing with lost or damaged packages, and resolving issues with customer support can feel like a wild goose chase. That’s why we created Route — to make the post-purchase experience for consumers like you, and the brands you love, as seamless as possible.
Route is on a mission to connect the world’s commerce. Through our network of +5 million Route App users and 15,000 merchants, we’re making it easier than ever for consumers to track, insure, and discover their favorite products in one place — which connects the world’s coolest direct-to-consumer brands to happy repeat customers.
Since Route launched in 2018, we’ve been on a journey to build innovative products that empower our customers, all while fostering a people-first, values-driven company culture. We’re looking for talented people across the ecommerce space to join us on the next steps of this adventure.
Don’t just take our word for it! Discover what life at Route has to offer.
Route’s Data Engineering team is at the cornerstone of the organization mission to mature the self-service/GitOps mantra for our processes with tools to scale and build value enhancing insights and opportunities for our most priceless asset, our data. This team has the amazing opportunity to create and innovate with an immediate impact with some of the most cutting-edge solutions in the market, as well as, embracing the open-source community, whichever we believe continues us on our exciting journey. As a member of our team, you will be working to build a best-in-class data platform, with some of the brightest engineers, to provide analytics to our customers and merchants, while developing internal software solutions for our teams.
We are looking for a senior backend software engineer to join our team, focused on building a large distributed data workflow platform. We want a master builder that has an affinity for problem-solving and values the typical services’ SLA and SLO expectations. You love developing with large scale orchestration, scheduling, distributed services, or even building out development tools for our engineers, data scientists, and business analysts as their audience.
We value team over ego and are passionate about simplicity, self-service, automation, and of course, data! We are traditionally a Golang shop developing in ECS in AWS, and currently playing with a plethora of tools in our stack, such as Airflow, DBT, Databricks, Snowflake and Tableau.
What you’ll do
- Design and optimize data structures in our data management system (i.e. S3, Snowflake, DBT, Databricks)
- Drive efficiencies and reliability through design, automation, observability, and performance testing
- Build and maintain scalable self-service solutions to our pipelines in our data ecosystem
- Partner with Business analysts to understand their data challenges and crafting scalable solutions with Product alignment
- Serve as a pragmatic data stewards as we iterate through evolving our data catalog while strengthening our data retention strategy and adoption
- Contributing towards our documentation, runbook and architecture diagrams to keep them up to date as the frameworks evolve
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, preferred
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data architecture, Data Quality, ETL and Data Warehouse methodologies and technologies.
- Experience with any combination of the following technologies: Databricks, Snowflake, Tableau, DBT, Airflow
- 3+ years with experience in one of the following: Python, Go, Spark, Scala
- 3+ years experience in working in AWS, Gitlab, Terraform
- 3+ years in SQL
- 1+ year designing, building and managing ETL Pipelines
- Practical understanding of designing and building a Data Lake architecture
Salary for this role: $164,000 - $177,000 DOE
The cash compensation above includes base salary, and is not reflective of potential commission for employees in eligible roles, or annual bonus targets under Route’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all Route employees are eligible to participate in Routes equity incentive plan to receive stock options per the terms of the agreement. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their career level, skills, experience, specific geographic location qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know our team works best when everyone feels happy, healthy, and supported. We offer to pay 100% of your health insurance premiums on a $0 deductible plan for you and your family, remote or hybrid work arrangements, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, formalized growth opportunities, learning & development, DEI programs & events, and so much more.
Equal opportunity for all:
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.