Senior Software Engineer
Orders Data Platform
Posted on 11/7/2023
Digital payment processor
Square's mission is to ensure that all businesses are able to participate and thrive in the economy. The company is building infrastrucutre for online payments.
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 16%
2 year growth↑ 16%
Remote in USA • Atlanta, GA, USA
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Familiarity with architecting/implementing Java-/Kotlin-based backend services
- Strong product intuition and interest, with platform-building experience
- Strategic leadership experience on medium/large-scale software projects
- Interest and experience in mentoring other engineers
- Work with Product and partners across Square to identify platform requirements, and work within the engineering team to develop the corresponding features.
- Provide high-quality hands-on contributions across multiple code bases.
- Identify technical and architectural end states for the project, and influence/evolve the code case in those directions.
- Play a key role in choosing technical investments for the team.
- Experience with real-time data streaming platforms such as Kafka and Kinesis.
- Experience and familiarity with Kotlin, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and AWS technologies
- Proficiency in large-scale Ruby projects, or a history and interest in quickly learning new technologies and stacks.
- History of contributions to open-source projects
- Familiarity with the payments-processing domain