Lead Software Engineer- Performance Engineering
Posted on 5/5/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Deep Understanding of Performance KPIs and their tradeoffs and patterns
- Performance Modeling capability based on Performance Test Numbers for a predefined application Non Functional Requirement
- Deep Understanding of Linux Memory management
- Deep Understanding of IO Subsystem (IO subsystem layers, Type of IOs, Caching, Filesystems, RAID)
- Understanding of process state, context switches, system calls
- Understanding of Network layers - protocols, flow control and congestion control
- Knowledge of at least one language - GoLang, Python or Java. Should be able to code independently
- Ability to build Cost Profile for Application based on test results[CPU, Memory, IO and Network]
- Ability to profile CPU and Memory consumptions or raw dumps. Familiarity with traces, thread dumps, debug log
- Create performance test strategy and test cases
- Design Chaos test case scenarios and formulate test strategy by identifying failure points
- Accountable for creating application and infrastructure performance plans/models for a highly scalable, data-intensive, highly-available and high-throughput applications
- Understand and own component level performance engineering activities, including code and data flow review
- Design and contribute to performance and resiliency testing and tuning of distributed components
- Coordinate with the Dev / QA / Support / PM teams to review and document requirements
- Design and conduct tests with complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks and failure points
- Perform root cause analysis for the issues identified
- Analyze metrics and trends to find out opportunities for performance improvements of the applications
- Experiment with ways to eliminate issues and present corrective actions, conduct session with developers and architects on the corrections/techniques suggested
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements
- Generate periodic performance engineering reports for architects, developers and PMs to review
- Conduct technical presentations to enable teams on how to improve system and application performance
- Innovate solutions to improve performance engineering effectiveness
- Design and develop Performance best practices and influence non-functional requirements at early stages
- Work closely with application development teams to provide technical direction to improve application performance
- Good understanding of ETL systems and their testing is a big plus
- Good understanding of Hadoop ecosystem is a big plus
- Deep understanding of Relational Database is a plus
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.