The Language Tools team is the steward of our main codebase, which powers crucial parts of Datadog products. As a manager in this team, you will contribute to setting the technical direction of language foundations at Datadog, with focus on the Python ecosystem. You will build language and CI features to empower our developers to work more efficiently, reduce technical hurdles that distract engineers from what they want to achieve, and play an important role in the Python/Go/Java ecosystems within Datadog.
What You’ll Do:
- lead a team of 3-6 engineers to build shared libraries and CI tooling to be used across Datadog
- be a hands-on technical leader, setting direction and participating in designing and implementing new systems and tools
- mentor engineers in the team, supporting them in their career development
- work with other teams in Developer Experience to ensure the CI/CD for our Python (and potentially Go/Java) codebase is reproducible, reliable and performant
- play a key role in improving the efficiency of Python development at Datadog
Who You Are:
- An engineering manager with at least 1 year of experience
- A seasoned engineer with 3+ years of software development experience in Python
- Someone who has worked on large code bases
- Someone who is independent and have a good breadth of knowledge
- Someone that enjoys helping other engineers to be more productive
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience.
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with Go or Java
- Experience with CI/CD systems, build and release tooling
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.