Assistant Vice President
Events & Activations
Updated on 12/7/2023
Promotes economic growth and equity in NYC
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a mission-driven nonprofit that fosters a vibrant and inclusive economy for all New Yorkers. With a comprehensive approach, it bolsters NYC's business environment, cultivates growth in innovative sectors with an emphasis on equity, and develops neighborhoods as holistic living spaces, while ensuring sustainable infrastructure for future economies. NYCEDC's industry leadership is evident in its commitment to fostering a globally competitive economy and its strategic focus on sustainable and equitable growth.
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 17%
New York, NY, USA
Sales & Account Management
Growth & Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- At least 5 years of experience in events management, event sales, hospitality, asset management, real estate operations, management consulting or related field
- Able to manage and launch a successful large scale event from ideation to execution
- An independent and strategic thinker who is entrepreneurial about their work and a self starter
- Effective communicator, Ability to adapt style as the situation requires
- Ability to prioritize competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Energetic, creative, and detail-oriented project manager with the ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of contract negotiation as it relates to commercial leasing or events
- Strong negotiating/commercial/entrepreneurial skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- Contributes to the development of the NYCEDC Portfolio Management and site innovation and activation strategy which includes P&L management, site identification, capital investment, property marketing material needs, project timelines, etc.
- Establishes partnerships with community, event, key industry players, and professional partner networks to raise profile of NYCEDC’s properties and facilitate the use of all vacant EDC assets.
- Work with marketing to develop asset specific property marketing toolkit, cataloguing key assets and capturing and diligence all relevant site information, such as: square footage, site capacity, site plans, professional photography, building history, future leasing availability, etc.
- Serve as primary liaison between NYCEDC Portfolio Management and external partners, as well as the primary liaison for other internal NYCEDC departments.
- Manage all aspects of event contract execution, including the gathering of relevant information, permits, insurance requirements, internal and external approvals, etc. Negotiate all terms according to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines and site requirements.
- Develop and maintain a targeted prospect list of potential partners. Own the initial outreach to relevant partners to set up introductory meetings, calls, and tours.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all potential NYCEDC assets, including but not limited to site capacity, leasing restrictions and availability, pricing, and site history
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive offerings (space, amenities technology, pricing, etc.)
- Coordinate all activities related to planning, developing, executing, scheduling all events, including day to day management of all event responsibilities
- Attend tradeshows and industry-related events to prospect for new business
- Respond promptly to all new inquiries
- Schedule flexibility including nights and weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in planning and executing large scale events across various industries
- Experience in film and TV, gaming, sports, fashion, media, or music industries
- Experience in business development, site identification, development of customized property marketing materials, and contract negotiations