Junior Corporate Counsel
Posted on 3/8/2023
Nashville, TN, USA
- J.D. and licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state
- 2+ years of legal experience, preferably with in-house corporate experience at a growing tech company
- Preferred: Experience in the areas of technology, intellectual property, data, privacy, and employment law
- Entrepreneurial mindset - self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to translate sophisticated legal issues into clear and simple advice and to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of cross-functional colleagues, including the executive team and other senior leaders across the company
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Advise on an array of legal areas, with a focus on risk management, regulatory compliance, and employment law
- Develop, implement, and manage processes and systems to enable the legal team to efficiently and effectively operate and scale
- Maintain knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and of industry legal standards and best practices
- Passion for transportation, mobility, and/or Proptech is a plus!
Mobility & transportation commerce platform
Metropolis' mission is to make the journey of making cities better by bringing the ease of digital transactions to the physical world with mobility commerce, a new way to transact that connects transportation, payments, and local businesses for the first time. The company is building modern mobility commerce infrastructure that will allow us to transact in the physical world with the same ease we experience online.