Sr. Process Engineer
Updated on 1/25/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- 1-3+ years' experience in automotive Body Shop environment
- Strong process skills and the ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes including RSW, GMAW, laser welding, SPR, mastic, and adhesives
- Exceptional organization and data management skills
- High level proficiency in excel and other Microsoft office programs
- Experience with GD&T
- APQP experience
- 2D & 3D modeling experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with cross functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering, or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering group in equipment design, buyoff, and install for all new model launch activities
- Assist manufacturing engineering group with cell layout, rack design, PFMEA development
- Coach safety, quality, and production on standardized work development
- Lead continuous improvement activity and drive problem resolution with cross functional groups including production, quality, engineering, and maintenance
- Optimize manufacturing processes to maximize productivity while reducing issues in regards to quality, productivity, and maintenance
- Assist manufacturing engineering group in successful runoff of equipment and ensure product and process meet all plant KPIs for mass production
- Work hand in hand with operations to mitigate production down time and increase process efficiencies
- Ability to lead projects, define project scopes and manage capital budgets
- Work with production to outline allocation of resources throughout the body shop
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team