Content Accounting Analyst
Posted on 5/3/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Remote • New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of overall Accounting/Finance experience
- Experience in content accounting a plus
- Budgeting and forecasting experience a plus
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects
- Can identify and focus work on high-risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues
- Enthusiasm for complex problem-solving through financial modeling, data analysis and other statistical modeling
- Intellectually curious - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all
- US GAAP and SOX controls understanding
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint a plus
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Be a part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets (capitalization of film costs), liabilities (payment of commitments), and expenses (amortization of film costs)
- Ensure that content-related transactions are appropriately recorded on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP (ASU 920/926)
- Prepare monthly & quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review, process, and document content agreements, extracting relevant financial terms for Accounting and Forecasting
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, both P&L and Cashflow
- Maintain necessary financial systems; ensure data is accurate and audit ready
- Help simplify and invent new ways to leverage systems to streamline the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout
- Develop and improve internal processes for reporting performance on new and existing content deal structures, with a focus on scalability
Tubi is the world's largest ad-supported video on demand (VOD) service. Available on Connected TV devices, Mobile, and the Web.
- Compensation - Every employee is paid a competitive & equitable salary.
- Benefits - We offer generous coverage for health, dental, vision, and more for you and your dependents.
- Parental Leave Program - We are proud to support growing families of all shapes and sizes and types. We welcome each new addition with generous paid time off to bond with your new addition.
- Wellness - Tubi cares about your well being inside and out. That’s why we offer multiple coverage options for mental and physical well being for you and your family as well as a fitness stipend.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - Your professional growth and development are important to Tubi and we’re here to support you.
- 401(k) Match - Investing in your future is important to us. From our highly-rated retirement savings matches to financial advisors and planning services, we offer many resources to help keep you financially fit.
- Team first
- Act with integrity
- Grow yourself
- Deliver Delight
- Own it