Senior Software Engineer
Distributed Data Systems
Updated on 11/30/2023
Unified, open platform for enterprise data
Databricks is on a mission to simplify and democratize data and AI, helping data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. As the world’s first and only lakehouse platform in the cloud, Databricks combines the best of data warehouses and data lakes to offer an open and unified platform for data and AI.
Data & Analytics
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 17%
1 year growth↑ 46%
2 year growth↑ 119%
Seattle, WA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
AI & Machine Learning
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Comfortable working towards a multi-year vision with incremental deliverables.
- Motivated by delivering customer value and impact.
- 5+ years of production level experience in either Java, Scala or C++.
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Experience with distributed systems, databases, and big data systems (Spark, Hadoop).
- Develop the de facto open source standard framework for big data (Apache Spark).
- Provide reliable and high performance services and client libraries for storing and accessing humongous amount of data on cloud storage backends (Data Plane Storage).
- Build a storage management system that combines the scale and cost-efficiency of data lakes, the performance and reliability of a data warehouse, and the low latency of streaming (Delta Lake).
- Make it simple and possible to orchestrate and operate tens of thousands of data pipelines (Delta Pipelines).
- Build the next generation query optimizer and execution engine that's fast, tuning free, scalable, and robust (Performance Engineering).
- Experience with ETL and data science workloads.
- Experience with AWS S3 and Azure Blob Store.
- Experience with ACID transactions and time travel in data engineering architecture.