Product Engineer Intern
Posted on 6/22/2021
Remote • United States
- 1 or more years as a software engineer or a degree specializing in Computer Science
- Desire to learn on an ongoing basis and tackle technical problems
- Creativity in solving engineering problems
- Positive approach to receiving and giving feedback
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and responsive web frameworks
- Experience with digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technologies
- Knowledge about source control software such as git
- Familiarity with Unix / Linux operating systems and general command-line knowledge
- Experience using code reviews and pair programming within the Agile Development lifecycle
- Be responsible for features in our product suite
- Collaborate with our engineers, researchers, executives, and designers to develop new features
- Troubleshoot issues that may be affecting our products or infrastructure
- Clearly communicate development progress across the Product & Engineering team
- Work with team managers on development prioritization and career development opportunities
- Contribute to the culture of quality, transparent collaboration and leading by example
The Block's mission is to empower smart decisions about the ever-evolving landscape of digital assets.
Company Core Values
- We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
- We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
- We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
- We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.