Solutions Architect - Remote Colorado
Posted on 5/19/2022
Denver, CO, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Serve as the primary / initial technical interface at Couchbase in support of our AWS, Azure, and GCP partnerships. This role will take the lead on solutioning and documentation (including blogs) to satisfy various cloud partner go-to-market programs, competencies and initiatives, often working with their Cloud partner architect counterpart
- Become a trusted technical go-to expert within Couchbase sales and field engineering as it relates to the various (and relevant) 1st party services offerings from our cloud partners
- Leverage your full-stack development expertise to create solution patterns and deployment guides that appeal to and support enterprise developers and architect personas to drive customer trials and adoption
- Influence and educate Cloud partner architects and ISV partner sales teams at AWS, GCP and Azure about the technical benefits associated with Couchbase projects running on partner cloud infrastructure
- Develop solution demos and documentation that can be leveraged globally in support of field/customer-facing workshops executed in tandem with Cloud partners
- Evangelize end customer success and business outcomes driven by joint solutions delivered by Cloud partners and Couchbase; submit CFPs and be visible as a key subject matter expert at Partner events Support and facilitate the execution of Cloud partner campaigns, demand generation activities and other regional initiatives led by other team members
- Support Couchbase's technology self-certification program for integrations that are non-core and supported by partners only
- Align with Couchbase Developer Community Relations, Couchbase Education and Field Engineering to drive Couchbase competency through Cloud partner channels
- Support Business Development team's achievement of sourced and influenced Couchbase bookings goals, and help build sales pipeline
- 7+ years experience in partner architecture, pre-sales technical consulting, or related technical sales experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated cloud architecture expertise with any relevant certifications and accreditations preferred. Knowledge of Public Cloud NoSQL offerings like DynamoDB and CosmosDB is useful
- Demonstrated interest in “Database as Code” automation concepts including Cloud DBaaS sizing, deployment, architectural and operational best practice expertise is highly desired
- Experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases. Direct experience with Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike, Redis, and/or Hadoop is preferred, but not a requirement
- Enterprise software ecosystem tooling familiarity and awareness of related 1st party cloud offerings across several areas, including, IDEs and Developer Frameworks and Tools, Data Pipeline tools, e.g. ETL batch/Data Streaming/Sync/Change Data Capture, Application Security and Access Control, Application Monitoring, BI/AI tools, among others
- Possess a portfolio of blogs, demos, videos and github artifacts
- Clear and persuasive written and verbal communication skills with an ability to concisely present complex solutions in both 1:1 and 1:many/large group settings
- Self-starter with the energy and focus required to quickly scale, but also comfortable with building and using processes and project management best practices for job and organizational effectiveness
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the emerging trends in the Data and Cloud ecosystems. Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure with outstanding time management skills
Enterprise applications database
At Couchbase, their mission is to empower enterprises to develop, deploy, and run mission-critical applications anywhere by delivering a high-performance, flexible, and scalable modern database.
- Culture, purpose, & impact - A sense of purpose in your work and shared passions with your teammates. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase’s can-do culture.
- Financial well-being - Market competitive pay, the ability to participate in the success of the company through equity programs, well thought out retirement options, and a number of recognition programs.
- Flexibility & growth - Flexible time off, internal learning, and development opportunities, accreditations, boot camps, conferences, and a trust-based culture.
- Community & belonging - Couchbase Cares promotes philanthropy, inclusion and belonging, worldwide Couchbase celebrations, and sustainability and green teams that impact our local communities.
- Body, mind, & emotional - Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid parental leave, and a Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most.
- Environment & workspace - We are mindful of the environment and our individual workspaces. We provide an ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
- Be A Great Human, Always.
- Act With Uncompromising Integrity, Period.
- Serve Your Family, As Defined By You.
- Attack Hard Problems, Driven By Customer Outcomes.
- Play To Win, Together.
- Make Tomorrow Better Than Today, Start Now.