Updated on 9/27/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
- An early-career journalist interested in specializing in health & science
- Able to commit to a 9-month, full time fellowship
- An interest in covering health at a news or major media outlet
- A willingness to learn about smart optimization of content in terms of SEO and engagement on social media platforms
- Incredible attention to detail, and are a stickler about getting the facts right
- A collaborative approach but are also able to jump on important tasks as necessary
- The ability to accept and act on feedback and direction
- A desire to learn more about scientific studies, where to find appropriate sources and experts, and the nuances that make health reporting distinct from other beats
- Work closely with our health team to identify important stories
- Report stories in a way that's accurate, nuanced, inclusive, and based on scientific evidence
- Collaborate with other teams, including our visuals and social team, to help create outstanding work that is eye-catching and shareable
- Explore the facts behind trends on platforms like TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and more
- Cover stories that are not only inclusive but speak to a diverse audience and variety of lived experiences
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.