Summer 2023 Data Science/Machine Learning Engineer Intern
Posted on 11/16/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Indianapolis, IN, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Dallas...
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Enrolled and working towards BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning or related field. Please note that in order to be eligible for an internship, we require that you be returning to school the following quarter/semester to work towards completing your degree
- Must be attending a College/University in the U.S
- Deep knowledge in one or more of machine learning / deep learning / personalization / NLP / Language Models / ranking
- Experience in building/prototyping machine learning models and algorithms and wrangling large datasets
- Proficient in using Python (e.g., numpy, scikit-learn, tensorflow, pytorch, keras, huggingface) to implement machine learning models and algorithms
- Proficient in shell scripting, SQL and Unix/Linux command-line tools
- Ability to summarize and clearly convey technical topics to multiple audiences
- Driven by the opportunity to build products, with a get-it-done approach and a strong bias towards action
- Intellectual curiosity, creative problem-solving and time management skills
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding high impact projects in multifaceted settings
- Embodies Salesforce and MuleSoft values, particularly ownership, make it awesome, customer-centric, and trust
- Experience with big data & emerging technologies (Cassandra/Spark/Flink/Vowpal )
- Hands-on experience with other AWS services (Redshift, S3, Lambda, EC2, etc)
- Partner with product owners, data architects, domain experts, data analysts and other teams to translate business requirements into critical metrics and models
- Contribute to the research, design and construction of ground breaking ai-powered features that improve our users experience
- Rapidly iterate and develop machine learning models for the features under development
- Implement cleaning, transforming, and loading the data and extracting features to store in feature storage
- Support the ML lifecycle management infrastructure (AWS Sagemaker)
- Participate in architecture and code reviews
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- Constantly learn, have a clear pulse on innovation across machine learning, data science and AI fairness
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand requirements of features and map them to the appropriate ML models
- Answer open ended questions by extracting interesting and actionable insights from data
Customer relationship management (CRM) software
Salesforce's mission is to empower companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company operates a CRM platform for businesses.
Company Core Values
- Trust: Nothing is more important than trust.
- Customer Success: When our customers succeed, we succeed.
- Innovation: Innovation comes from everyone.
- Equality: We all have a role to play.
- Sustainability: We lead boldly to address the climate emergency.