Posted on 11/4/2022
Lynnwood, WA, USA
- Skills commensurate with primary responsibilities described above
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Experienced with programming languages for scripting such as C++, C#, Java, Python, etc
- Experience with installing and configuring operating systems and software applications on a Linux environment
- Experienced in the operation of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc
- Ability to obtain a minimum of a Secret Clearance
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in enclosed spaces
- Develop and maintain requirements documents, concept of operations documents, interface control documents, and operations manuals. Conduct trade studies as required
- Understand a model-based systems engineer (MBSE) package through the product lifecycle
- Select, specify, develop, modify, integrate, and evaluate sensors, rack mounted electrical control and monitor assemblies, cabling and connectors, and electrical components (including COTS modules) for both subsea and related surface interface systems
- Create project plans to track and status software development activities using the Atlassian tool suite
- Manage an engineering team through the complete product lifecycle
- Track requirements verification for a complete system across multiple engineering disciplines
- Review mechanical and electrical drawings for compliance with approved requirements. Interpret electrical schematics and cable wiring diagrams
- Perform mechanical and electrical assembly, and testing of prototype hardware in the lab and in a marine environment
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and at-sea testing
- Conduct electronic testing on hardware for digital and analog circuitry in systems requiring custom signal processing, amplification, power management and conversion
- Conduct experimental tests on equipment, evaluate results, and develop specifications for deliverable systems
- Investigate and determine root cause of product issues during testing and determine appropriate resolution
- Provide field support planning, shipboard mobilization/de-mobilization support, shipboard at-sea testing and operational support, and other field support in general
- Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups
- Occasional travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods will be required
- Prepare and present design review materials for customers and internal stakeholders
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications
- Familiar with scripting languages and tools such as Bash and terminal emulators
- Fiber optic telemetry experience
- Familiar with Cameo or similar model-based systems engineering tools
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.