Senior Software Engineer
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are tasked with building automation that simplifies the traditionally difficult. Our goal is to give our internal teams self-service tools while also deploying our applications in a reliable, repeatable, consistent, and scalable approach. We run on AWS and are tasked with everything from code commit to code deploy. We do this by utilizing technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Linux, and CDK. We ensure monitoring is a top priority and use a follow the sun methodology for escalations.
The team is made up of different skillsets, backgrounds and experience which culminates in a group capable of handling a wide range of responsibilities. We do that by adopting the right technology for the job or building our own if needed. No one member defines who we are or what we do.
- Software development skills and experience in one of the following languages: Python, Java, PHP, Go, or React
- At least 5 years of experience with systems or application programming
- Computer science/engineering background or a strong relevant technical background
- Finds value in linting code, creating unit tests, and being an active participant in code reviews
- Experience using AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- A desire to use the newest technologies at scale
- Willingness to take ownership of the full deployment lifecycle including monitoring/alerting
- Enjoys working with a globally distributed team
- An understanding of what it means to build tools that amplifies others’ abilities to consume cloud resources
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, WA, NYC