Gateway Ground Systems, Starlink
Posted on 3/21/2023
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, computer, or aerospace engineering
- 1+ year of experience working on mechanical, electrical, or software engineering projects (including student engineering projects or internship experience)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, communicate effectively, and work both independently and within a team
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting and debugging of mechanical or electrical hardware
- Experience with the design, operation, or repair of antennas or radio telescopes
- Experience with operational support of geographically distributed assets
- Experience with optical and networking hardware
- Experience designing and programming solutions with common languages (Python, C++, C#, …)
- Experience with SQL databases and reporting software (Tableau, Periscope, etc.)
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
- Willing to travel 10-15% of the time
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Diagnose performance and reliability issues through telemetry, testing, and hands-on debugging
- Develop fixes, prove them out in the field, and train our specialists in the procedures
- Build and maintain software infrastructure to monitor gateway and site health
- Work across teams to eliminate failure modes through hardware, software, and operations changes
- Any of the following is a :
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.