Security Architect – Staff Security Lead
Platform Engineering, Remote eligible
Posted on 9/22/2022
Everett, MA, USA
- Python, Django, Celery
- MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pulsar
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.), Kubernetes on EKS
- Have 8+ years of experience in software development
- Security domain experience in cloud-based web applications, mobile applications, distributed infrastructure, or a related field
- Have multiple years of proven experience building products that matter and pushing yourself and your team to be better engineers and build a product with passionate advocates
- Have proven that you can build & scale complex distributed systems including solving problems in sustainable ways, balancing pragmatic development with ideal architecture, breaking through technical obstacles with vigor, and leading teams through crises by working side by side with them in the trenches
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stack areas. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know how to pick the right tool for any job
- Love digging into performance and design issues to drive breakthrough solutions--whether it's a slow loading UI or too many clicks in a workflow, a database query timing out, or a queue that just won't drain. You recognize all problems can be solved
- Enjoy shipping code early & often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management to craft better software by soliciting feedback from thousands of end users
- Provide technical leadership that drive technology choices and architectural decisions across multiple teams and provide solutions for complex problems around security standards and best practices
- Partner closely with Klaviyo's Security and Trust teams, Application Security team, and Platform Security Engineering teams to drive security standards and best practices company-wide
- Drive security risk decisions, initiatives, and influence technical architecture
- Champion security in product strategy and roadmap development meetings
- Act as the primary liaison between the product/engineering teams and the Klaviyo Security and Trust team
- Collaborate with engineering leads to help them triage and fix security issues
Growth marketing customer platform
Klaviyo's missions is to help companies retain customers and maximize their ROI. Klaviyo’s data–proven customer platform allows companies to send relevant, well–timed emails and SMS that increase lifetime values.
- We always put our customers first.
- We are always learning.
- We strive to make the world more equitable.
- We collaborate radically.
- We are ambitious.
- We are remarkable.