IT Software Engineer
Posted on 4/22/2022
- Significant hands-on experience working with SaaS offerings and their API endpoints
- Significant documentation experience
- Hands-on experience with Git and GitHub
- Hands-on experience with debugging and writing shell scripts
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and alerting tools
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with others
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal customers and stakeholders in a friendly and easy to understand manner
- Building and maintaining applications and integrations for the IT organization
- Working with the team and our Product Manager to roadmap and ship code for our stakeholders
- Finding creative technical ways to improve GitHub's internal tools and systems
- Collaborating effectively with other departments and organizations to drive the growth of a secure and scalable corporate IT infrastructure and services globally
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Integration, implementation, operation, observability and support of enterprise-wide applications and services
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future requirements of the Hubber experience
- Working on GitHub - leveraging Actions, Issues, Pull Requests, and Projects to ship code for the IT organization
- Escalation support for the IT Support team
- Candidate has a GitHub account to showcase their work
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Azure
- Experience mentoring others
- Enthusiasm for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.